Friday, February 25, 2011

Meet our new student!


We would like to give a warm welcome to our new student Michael! Michael has come to us from Taiwan and he is so excited to join our class! All of the students have been so gracious and welcoming and he has even told me that he is happy here! That is exciting news! Because Michael is from Taiwan his parents have spoken with me about hosting a second grade Culture Fair and I think that would be a great idea! He will be bringing in foods, wearing traditional Taiwanese clothing, and singing us a song he learned. I encourage all of you to also encourage your kids to embrace their heritage and share it with the class! I will be sending home more information about the Culture Fair and letting you know the dates and volunteers needed! But whenever you come in and see Michael wandering around feel free to say hi! because he loves to greet you with a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment